Tree Preservation & Protection in Portland, OR
Ensuring the Health of the Pacific Northwest's Unique Trees
Trees provide endless value and benefits to every landscape. Whether you are conducting a home expansion or are a business in the middle of a construction project, General Tree Services is here to offer guidance on tree preservation and protection before, during, and after construction. Our goal is to ensure the longevity and health of your trees and prevent tree removal, even in the face of potential challenges.
All of the general contractors in our region are required by municipal code to preserve trees in development. This work falls in a niche category many tree companies don't specialize in. It requires a deep understanding of tree-compliant laws, which is why we offer this specialty service specifically for development scenarios. Our goal is to ensure the longevity and health of your trees, even in the face of potential challenges. With our team of certified arborists, who bring a century of knowledge and experience to every job, we combine modern techniques with traditional wisdom.
Since 1924, General Tree Services has been dedicated to addressing the unique needs of each tree we care for. We consider all aspects of the tree's health, environmental factors, and your specific needs to develop the most effective preservation strategies. Our certified arborists have extensive training and knowledge in arboriculture, allowing them to diagnose problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- In Need of a Service?
- Looking for a Professional?
- Tired of Doing-it Yourself?
General Tree Service is here to help you with all these issues and so much more before they become a major issue.
- They came on time and did a great cleanup job. The crew was professional and friendly. I was very happy with their service and would gladly recommend them.- Bob B.
Scenarios Requiring Tree Preservation and Restoration
There are a variety of circumstances that can pose a serious threat to the health and longevity of your trees. Recognizing these scenarios early on is crucial in mitigating potential damage and ensuring that the necessary preventive or restorative steps are taken. Here at General Tree Services, we have seen and successfully managed a range of tree-threatening scenarios during our extensive years in service in the Portland area.
- Construction projects: Construction activities can pose risks to nearby trees, such as soil compaction, root damage, or physical injury. Proper preservation techniques are essential to mitigate potential harm.
- Natural disasters: Events like hurricanes, storms, or lightning strikes can cause significant damage to trees. Preserving and restoring affected trees is crucial to their recovery and continued well-being.
- Disease and pest infestation: Tree diseases, fungi, insects, and pests can cause stress and decline in trees, affecting their overall health. Early detection and proactive preservation measures are vital to prevention and treatment.
- Poor soil conditions: Unfavorable soil conditions, such as poor drainage, lack of nutrients, or compacted soil, can hinder a tree's growth and health.
- Incorrect pruning techniques: Over-pruning or incorrect pruning can lead to unhealthy trees and potential tree loss.
- Root system damage: Roots can be damaged by being cut, crushed, or suffocated, leading to the decline or death of the tree.
Our Approach to Tree Preservation and Protection
At General Tree Services, we take a proactive and innovative approach to tree preservation and protection. Our expert tree care specialists collaborate with your landscape architect and engineering firm to identify which trees should be preserved and which are suitable for relocation. We consider factors such as species, condition, and potential impact on the project.
Here are some insights into our preservation approach:
- Site evaluation: We conduct a comprehensive assessment of the site, including the existing tree inventory and their health status.
- Preservation planning: Based on the evaluation, we design a preservation plan that outlines the necessary measures to protect and maintain the health of identified trees.
- Tree relocation: When relocation is deemed necessary, our team utilizes specialized techniques to safely uproot, transport, and replant trees in suitable locations.
- Root zone protection: We implement practices to protect the root zones of preserved trees, such as installing barriers or implementing proper soil management techniques during construction activities.
- Post-construction care: After construction is completed, we provide ongoing care, monitoring, and maintenance to ensure the long-term health and vitality of preserved trees.