Tree Removal Services in Portland, OR
Safely Removing Trees Throughout the Pacific Northwest
Tree removal should never be attempted on your own. It requires expertise, experience, and specialized equipment to ensure the safe and proper disposal of trees. At General Tree Services, our team of qualified professionals is here to take care of your tree removal needs in Portland and the Pacific Northwest.
Whether a tree is diseased, dead, or posing a potential hazard, our skilled arborists at General Tree Services are equipped to handle the job with precision and care. We understand that each tree removal project is unique, and our experts will assess the situation, develop a comprehensive plan, and execute the removal process safely.
Safety Is Our #1 Priority
As ISA Certified Arborists, General Tree Services possesses the knowledge, experience, and commitment required to undertake complex tree removal tasks. This certification underscores our proficiency and dedication to our profession, setting us apart from other tree removal companies.
It's important to note that not all tree removal enterprises can carry out the task of safely removing trees. Some might lack the necessary tools, skills, or certifications—factors that can compromise the quality of work and safety. At General Tree Services, we ensure each tree removal is conducted with utmost precision, safely, and environmentally responsible.
Some of the strict safety guidelines we follow include the following:
- All crew members wear personal protection equipment.
- Professional climbers use proper fall restraints and positioning lines when working aloft.
- Ground crew members place safety devices to control pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Large limbs and wood are controlled from the canopy to the ground using ropes and rigging equipment.
Our gallery is a great place to look for more insight into the quality of work we produce.
- In Need of a Service?
- Looking for a Professional?
- Tired of Doing-it Yourself?
General Tree Service is here to help you with all these issues and so much more before they become a major issue.
- The General Tree Service team did an excellent job of pruning and cleaning up. They worked together very well as a team. They had good knowledge of what needed to be done.- Sally P.
Emergency Tree Removal in Portland
If lightning strikes a tree in your yard, General Tree Service offers quick service for those in emergency situations. Generally, trees damaged by storms will either affect your home or surrounding utility infrastructure. If the impacted tree is located near power lines or buildings, removal requires special care and planning to avoid further complications or safety hazards.
When that tree is close to your home, you run the risk of falling branches that could break windows, and damage roofing, or fall on and injure anyone nearby, including a member of your family. Our crews have the expertise and equipment to deal with these complex removals and service all sizes of residential, commercial, and municipal properties.
When Should You Remove a Tree?
Here are some situations where we may recommend tree removal to limit potential hazards that could cause harm to your property or family.
- Dead or dying trees are more apt to topple in strong winds and cause damage.
- Crowding other trees; it is better to remove one tree so others can be healthy.
- Growing close to home and causing structural damage (cracks in foundation).
Common Signs of a Sick Tree
Any sick and dying trees in your yard are considered to be potentially dangerous. That is why it is vital that the homeowner has the tree removed as soon as possible. Of course, you must first be able to point out when the tree is showing signs of sickness or death.
Common signs of sickness and death in a tree include:
- Missing bark
- Leaves with yellow or red lines on them
- The tree no longer blooms
- Increased number of fallen branches
- Mushrooms growing at the base
The Benefits of Tree Removal
If you have a tree emergency, removal might be necessary. The tree might not be there when the job is done, but removing the tree could be important to protecting your property, and even has benefits .
Some common benefits of professional tree removal in Portland include:
- Prevents possible injuries
- Prevents possible damage to the home
- It saves you time and money
- Professionals clean up after themselves
- Prevents underground root damage to pipes and utility lines
You might be tempted to save a few bucks and remove the tree yourself. However, this is much more dangerous than it sounds and isn’t recommended. Hiring a professional is safer and sure to save you in the end because a professional is prepared for any unforeseen problem.